Regular Scala Developer
As an ICEO Venture Builder, we have been building unique startups from the ground up for over 10 years. We work on innovations that impact thousands of people. Forbes, Puls Biznesu and Newsweek have written about our projects.
Due to our development plans, we are looking for a programmer for a mid-level Scala developer position, who will complement our development team working on the Norion blockchain solution. Norion is an innovation lab that combines technological, business, and legal expertise to create cutting-edge, complex tokens ecosystems for exchangeable and non-exchangeable tokens (NFT). Norion supports entrepreneurs in taking their first steps in the world of Web3, DeFi and Metaverse by providing knowledge and appropriate tools at every stage of the tokenization process.
A developer's job at ICEO is an opportunity to work with a team of professionals - from other developers to DevOps! Moreover, the work of a developer in our company consists not only of programming, but also of active participation in creating the product concept, planning its development and choosing the technologies used.
We organize internal trainings on the technologies we use, where developers with more experience share their knowledge with the rest of the team.
ICEO also offers the opportunity to develop towards leadership. If you become a member of our team, you will have the opportunity to work as a Tech Lead and advance to the position of Head of Development for a new product!
Your responsibilities will include:
- developing services according to best practices while maintaining high code quality,
- maintaining services in production,
- supporting in the software development process - research, conceptualization, implementation,
- managing the documentation of solutions,
- working with the front-end team,
- QA module testing,
- coordinating work with supervisors,
- attending meetings in a "the daily" format,
- adherence to and implementation of best practices,
- reviewing the work of other developers,
- conducting training for other developers.
What we expect from you:
- very good knowledge of Scala,
- at least 2 years experience in developing and building microservices (REST),
- at least one year of experience working with Scala,
- experience working on projects that have been released to production,
- good knowledge of technologies such as:
- SQL (optimally PostgreSQL),
- understanding of the principles of CI / CD,
- knowledge of debugging, monitoring and optimizing application performance,
- knowledge of the concepts of multithreading and distributed computing,
- good command of written and spoken English.
Technology stack and tools:
Technology stack: Scala, Akka, Cats, Slick, Circe, Tapir, Scalatest, Gatling.
Tools: Slack, Discord, Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, Grafana, Kibana
Infrastructure: Docker, Kubernetes, Microservices, GCP.
- competence in Java,
- experience with NoSQL databases,
- competence in Spark,
- understanding function programming concept,
- knowledge of the event sourcing pattern,
- experience with code instrumentation,
- experience working with Prometheus, Grafana,
- experience working with tools: Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket,
- experience in developing applications from the FinTech sector,
- understanding of the business assumptions of the product,
- interest in blockchain technology.
- Medium Scala Developer — programming, participating in the creation of a product concept and planning its development.
- Tech Lead — making technological decisions in a particular module, assigning tasks in a team working with a particular module.
- Head of Development — full responsibility for the architecture, the whole life cycle of the system and teamwork in the project. Understanding of business requirements and ability to translate them into architecture. Prioritization of tasks, leading to deliberate build and elimination of technical debt.
Benefits and Perks
- salary PLN 18,000 - 25,000 net + VAT - B2B,
- 26 paid days off in case of B2B contract,
- the possibility of employment on the basis of a permanent employment contract,
- private medical care package,
- full-time employment,
- the possibility of adjusting working hours,
- work in remote mode or from our office in Krakow,
- the opportunity to participate in an internal training program,
- a career path that allows for continual advancement and reaching C-level position,
- participation in business and integration meetings.